From 1959 to 1970 the M14 served with distinction as the standard issue rifle of the United States military. When Springfield Armory in Geneseo, IL made the civilian legal variant – the M1A – available to the public in 1974, shooters were finally able to enjoy the same rifle that so many servicemen had utilized in the past.
The Standard Series is a faithful semi-auto only recreation of the original M14. Keep in mind that the Standard M1A is as well suited for a day at the range as it is for filling that special place in your military collection. All the design features that the Armed Services found essential for a battle rifle make the Standard M1A a great shooter. The windage and elevation adjustable rear sight minimizes the effort required to zero the rifle. The two-stage military trigger, detachable box magazine, op-rod and roller cam bolt call to mind the rich history of the M1A while providing functional ease of operation and legendary reliability.
You may be looking for a special addition to your collection, or you may be looking for a hard-working rifle that will pull duty on the range, in the treestand or in your truck. The Standard M1A is ready for its next mission.
- Caliber: 7.62x51mm NATO (.308WIN)
- Barrel: 22” 6 Groove 1:11 Right Hand Twist Carbon Steel
- Magazines: 1 – 10 Round Parkerized
- Front Sight: National Match .062” Blade
- Rear Sight: Military Aperture .0690 w/ MOA Adjustment For Both Windage and Elevation
- Weight w/Empty Magazine: 9.3 lbs
- Length: 44.33”
- Stock: Flat Dark Earth Composite Stock